Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A Box FULL of memories...

I was cleaning out our bedroom closet the other day to see if we had anything for our yard sale. While doing so,  I decided i needed to go through my daughters baby box, again. I have gone through it SEVERAL times and every time I have put everything back nice and neatly. But this time... This time was different.

I opened the box and saw everything from receiving blankets, to her 'first' clothes, to even my maternity clothes.  I looked at every piece(and this is no tiny box!!) and remembered every occasion for which she wore the outfits! There was her 'Baby's First Boo' for Halloween with little black pants, a little ghost onesie and matching hat and socks. It was adorable and she looked so cute in it!

 And then there was her Christmas dress that was red with fluffy cuffs with a matching hooded cape. After buying it, I thought it was too plain so i added a white bow to both her dress and her cape! I also remember thinking the cape was just too much... and then thinking the dress was going overboard, so my mom bought her a much more simple dress, which too was in the box!

Then her Easter Dress! Why do we parents spend so much money on outfits they wont wear often or for long?! I remember this dress being $30 ish but yet, it was too cute to pass up! Cute little pink polk-a-dots on a white dress!! Was it worth the $30? Well, after looking back at all of her pictures from Easter, HECK YES IT WAS!! Maybe that's the reason we spend so much? Because we know the memories will last a lifetime? yeah, I'll stick with that!

Ug! There was also her first birthday dress and several other little outfits that i couldn't help but save. Jeffrey is probably wishing i hadn't saved them though. Like i said at the start of this blahg post, this time of looking through the box was different. Every other time i looked in before, I just loved the memories attached! This time though; this time i looked in and realized I wanted another little one!

Shocker? Yeah for me too! For those of you who don't know me, I had a plan to not have another child until after Baylynn was in school. I made this plan while i was pregnant with her. Then, after about 5 months of no sleep, I decided i didn't want another child AT ALL! I was on sex strike and all! I didn't want any sort of accident to happen. These was NO way you were getting this lady to have another baby! NO WAY!
Eventually I did give into the sex again, but we were still VERY cautious!!!

...And then i looked through the box again....

I saw the first onesie she ever wore and then compared it to the onesies she is wearing now and the size difference was so sad! How, in a year and a half, did she get so big?! I am not saying she is a big kid, because she is not, she is tiny!! She just grew so much in that short period of  time!

But looking at the onesie made me realize i miss the nights of waking up every 2 hours. I miss the days of smelling like spit up all day. I mostly miss though, her depending on me for everything! I liked being depended on! I know she still depends on me, but nothing like she used to!

By no means am i saying i want one right this second...well, i kinda am, but we are in no situation to have another one right now! But I am saying, I do want another one in the future...near future hopefully! hehe!

I told Jeffrey the other day(just kidding around...) that he needed to quickly find a better paying job so we could get our own place and have some more kiddies(...or was I?! lol)!! I think he has put his job search on hold! HAHA! just kidding! He is still looking, he just isn't as enthused about having more children as i am though! I think he'll like the idea better when Baylynn has her own room and his computer desk can finally come out from behind the barricade! I just hope that day comes sooner than later!

I guess time changes people! From someone who didn't want anymore kids EVER, to someone who wanted all the fun memories again! Change can sometimes be a good thing!


Until next time!

~Blahgallaboutit~

1 comment:

  1. I can totally relate to your feelings, lol. I was going through all of Shay's old clothes to give to Robin's church, and I was holding these tiny onesies and cute little bitty dresses and I was like "that's it...We're having another one." I was putting stuff away saying "this is for her sister." and everyone was like "omg you're pregnant" and I was like "nope, but I'm having another eventually, lol".
    It seems like when the time is there, the late nights and early mornings and no sleep, you don't want to do it ever again, but once the time is gone, you miss it and want it back.
    Baylynn has grown so much from that tiny baby doll she was. She's such a beautiful little girl. I can't say I blame ya for wanting another, lol.

    ReplyDelete