Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Potty Training at it's Best....or is it worst?

Not to brag, but my little munchkin has been using the big girl potty since she was only 5 months old! At that time, she was far too young to actually tell me 'hey look mom, I have to poop!' I just sat her on the potty and she went! Everytime i sat her on the potty, she did something, be it poop or pee, or even just fart! It was something and as a first time parent, I was SO proud!

She is now 19 months old and about a month ago I decided it was time for some hard-core potty training so she could be in big girl panties come time for her second birthday! Well apparently all that we have been through in the past 14(ish) months has gone down the toilet, almost literally! She yells at me 'POOPOO!' so I take her diaper off and set her on the potty just for nothing to happen! She yells 'PEEPEE!' so I take off her diaper and set her on the potty, again, for nothing to happen!

So i have decided to let her run around without a diaper every now and then(maybe once a day) just to see if maybe, just maybe, i can catch her in the act and we can rush to the potty before it either gets all over her, me, or the floors. Well, i have  been leaving her diaper off for at least 30 minutes and in that time frame, NOTHING happens! Nothing! not even a slight tinkle on the floor! As soon as i put that stupid diaper back on though, you better know there is an explosion! Never fails. It's almost like when she was an infant and we would take her diaper off and she would pee or poop... Yep, that never failed either!

Anyways, tonight, i was in the bathroom getting something and she stood at the baby gate and kept telling me 'POOPOO' so I put her on the potty. I waited and waited and finally, she farted! I was so excited and thought, maybe, just maybe she was finally going to go potty like a big girl!! Welp, i waited some more and she started to reach for the toilet paper...this normally means, 'i am done and i want to go play'. Bah! So i let her wipe and put her back over the baby gate...Diaperless.

Only seconds later, Jeffrey asked her where the Ipod was. Since we have not seen it in at least 2 days, i went on a search with her. After about 2 minutes, I found the it under one of her dolls. Then, I smelt something....a very nasty something....and then i looked down... There a turd stared me in the face. WHY?! Why was there poop on my floor when she had already been on the  potty and done NOTHING?! At first, i was going to blame it on the dog, but you can't blame it on the dog when the evidence is on her hiney!

We cleaned her up and cleaned the floor up and I had just sat down to start this blahg when i saw it. A smear of something on my leg. I hoped it was mud, knowing there was no mud indoors for me to of gotten into. Jeffrey turned on the light and it was exactly what i had feared...poop! HOW does poop get smeared on someones leg?! HOW?! lol

It reminded me, though, of when she was only 3 days old! We were changing her first diaper at home and i had just put a fresh diaper under her hiney when she pooped. Not only on the new diaper and on the changing pad, but on my leg as well! Here i was, the one being pooped on and some how found it extremely humorous! Jeffrey, on the other hand, ran to the bathroom gaging! haha! it was the perfect beginning to our little family! The only not so perfect side was the pain i was in from laughing so hard so soon after my c-section! But, it was still perfect!

Sometimes as a parent we have to just laugh; even if it is disgusting!

Until Next Time!

~Blahgallaboutit~

No comments:

Post a Comment