Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I think it's a sign...

On our way home on Easter Sunday, Jeffrey and myself wanted a Cherry limeade from Sonic so we pulled into the Sonic parking lot just to find out they were closed. The next closest place was Jack-In-The-Box. Their large drinks normally last the whole 3 hour car ride home, so we pulled in, waited in the long car line, finally ordered, waited some more and then finally got our large Sweet Teas(and Baylynn a small). We didn't taste it right away because it normally tastes like sweet tea. Jeffrey got on the interstate and we got about a mile down the road before we finally tasted it...

Yep, we should have tasted it sooner. It tasted off at first and then the after taste tasted HIGHLY of coffee. Talk about gross. Coffee Flavored Sweet Tea. Yuck! Had we wanted to waste the gas money on $6 of drinks, we would have turned around but once we are in the car for the long road trip home, we just want to go home! I was so mad!

When you have your taste buds ready for one thing, and you get another, it just screws you up! Had it not been sweet, we could have stopped at the next gas station and got some sweet-n-low or sugar, but you can't take the coffee flavor out!

That was only the first thing to happen in less than a weeks span!

The next thing happened last night! Jeffrey had won some money from a friend with a card trick so he wanted to pick up a pizza on his way home. So, we ordered Pizza Hut's Ultimate Meaty Stuffed Crust Pizza which was sure to fill all three of us up for a low price of only $13!

He gets home and I give baylynn a slice of pizza and a bread stick and then we go to chow down...The very first slice i pick up and almost put in my mouth has a hair. I thought it was mine, so i was just going to take it off and not say another word....

And then I pulled on the hair.... and it didn't budge... it was BAKED in the pizza. I was suddenly sick to my stomach. When Jeffrey had fully pulled it out, it looked exactly like a pubic hair. I was completely grossed out.

Again, being 30 minutes away from town, we would have wasted more gas money than we spent on the pizza, so we didn't take it back... but by golly, had we lived closer, SOMEONE would have heard from me and NOT liked it.

And then we come to today.

We had gone to the mall and Jeffrey had gone to the bathroom and found $10 and suddenly he was hungry. So we went to Chick-Fil-A which was inside the mall. We order our usual and somehow it is $25 instead of $19. I guess mall's charge way more than regular stores! So anyways, We get our food and instead of a large fry, they brought us a medium. This mistake was by far the most understandable!! and least one to get upset over!

Luckily, the guy caught it when he brought us the food and immediately exchanged it without us saying anything! The only time we were still at the place and it was the most understandable mishap. Go figure!

Anyways, i told Jeffrey it's a sign we need to stop eating out PERIOD! We don't need to eat out anymore, EVER! These places are trying to tell us it's bad! It's a sign I tell ya, It's a sign!

So, i have decided, i don't want to be grossed out any longer and i don't want to eat out anymore(except for chimichangas, chips, red and green sauce from Jalapeno Tree! YUM!!) Three mishaps in one week, two of which were not fixed! That's a lot of money waisted when you don't have a lot of money to be spared! Yeah, it was all free money, but that free money could have been saved for something else...like a house...a $30 house...ok, so maybe gas...haha!

What have we learned from this? TO CHECK YOUR ORDER BEFORE YOU LEAVE!! Well, it would not have helped with the pizza since it was backed between the sauce and cheese...so maybe dine in instead of carry-out so that way you can send it back if there is a screw up, of just get your money back and go to another place!

Until Next Time!

~Blahgallaboutit~

1 comment:

  1. Man that sucks. I seriously hate eating out unless it's at the place I'm working. When I was in the Woodlands, I only ate at Arbys, cuz I could make my food myself and know I got it right. I'm the same way now with Subway. I'll eat that the Texas Burger side, but that's because I know and trust the people making my food. I prefer not to eat out anywhere else though, if it can be avoided.

    ReplyDelete