Sunday, April 24, 2011

...it is man who is to be feared.

After putting Baylynn to bed, i figured the rest of the night would be smooth and easy. HA!!

I was sitting here doing my nightly Facebook, Hotmail, G-mail, and Blogger checks when out of no where, i hear a loud bang that sounded as if it came from grandmothers bedroom. My first thought? She fell and hit her head and was knocked unconscious. I pushed my computer out of my way, jumped over the baby gate, rushed out the bedroom door, just to see her, laying in bed wondering what in the world had just happened....

So, that made three of us...

I heard a vehicle, so my next thought was to run outside. 'Surely no car had just hit the wall,' i thought to myself. I had the curtains open, i would have seen it happen.

Wrong-o!!

What happens when you mix alcohol and driving? Apparently forgetting how to drive...Getting a gas peddle mixed up would have been one thing, but the D and the R look NOTHING alike!!! So, instead of nice and neatly backing out of the garage and into the driveway, someone(i wont mention who) rammed into the fridge and freezer which pushed them against the wall, which made a loud bang, which made me and Jeffrey think grandmother had fallen.

So the same thing applies for when you are at home as it does in public: DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE! Had the fridge and freezer not been there, grandmother might be going to the hospital right now. Dry wall and a few 2 x 4's don't protect against the force of a car too well. I have seen brick crumble when a car rammed it. Yeah, that is at a faster speed, but the point is, the car normally wins a battle against a house.

Again, anyone who knows me, knows i hate when people drink(unless there is a special occasion like New Years or something else along those lines) and i hate when people get drunk(There is NEVER a reason to be drunk!!!!), and even more so, i hate when people drink and drive. Everyone thinks they are a great driver when drunk, but the thing is, they're not.

I have been in the vehicle with someone when they only had a few beers in their system. Only a few. When i am clinching to my seat, and worried that the stress of them nearly hitting the cars in front of us could cause me to go into labor, you know i am scared. Luckily, I made it home in one piece and didn't go into labor. The funny thing was, they thought they were driving well. Yeah, not so much. Good try on thinking though.

There are other people on the streets(and in their homes) when you drink and drive, and i know me saying this wont change any ones old habits, but i really hope it doesn't take killing someone for your habits to change. I don't care what anyone says, if you drink and drive, it isn't an accident if you kill someone, and it makes you a cold blooded killer. Thankfully nothing happened tonight and everyone is ok.

'Automobiles are not ferocious.... it is man who is to be feared.'  ~Robbins B. Stoeckel

Until Next Time!

~Blahgallaboutit~

2 comments:

  1. I hate drinking, I am SO glad nothing bad happened!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am glad nothing more happened. Drinking and Driving is one of the most stuid things one can do!

    ReplyDelete