Saturday, April 30, 2011

Prompt #1: An object from memory!

During my writers block(or is it just blogger block?), i was surfing the web trying to find something to write about. I found something called 'Creative Writing Prompts' that has 346 prompts to write about. Leave it to me to get the crazy idea to do all of these prompts!...Yep, you read that right! I probably will only do one a week(maybe more), but i will still keep with my original way of doing things as well! If i have something to write about, I'll write about it as well as writing about these prompts! I have only read the first few and they seem interesting. Some are writing short stories while others are just writing a paragraph or two! I can totally handle it(I hope!!) and it seems fun! It will sort of be a 'Julie and Julia' kind of blog, with a twist!

Prompt number one asks me to close my eyes for three minutes and to think of any object in the room and, without opening my eyes, i have to recall as much detail as i can about the object. When i open my eyes i have to write about the object without looking at it! This should be fun!


....three minutes later....(time flies a lot faster in typing, it seems!)


 
The object that stood out most in my mind is a picture of our very first sonogram when I was pregnant with Baylynn. I didn't even need the three minutes to remember what a joyous day that was! We were scared to death though. We had already been through one miscarriage and the chances of a second miscarriage was very high since the pregnancies were only one month apart. What if we got there and the screen was black again? How could we handle the loss of two children in less than one years time?...in less than 6 months time? These were chances we had to take if we wanted to see that little bundle!

And what a wonderful sight it was!



 I can almost recall everything about that day! She was doing flips which was making it hard for the ultrasound tech. to get accurate measurements! She refused to calm down! But even though we saw her moving, we had to hear that heart beat! We didn't want to leave without it and when he finally was able to get it for the few seconds that he did, it was heavenly! Music to our ears, that is for sure.

I remember us just smiling with the biggest smiles! 'Ear to ear' smiles some would say! The sound of her thumping heart and the sight of her rolling around! It was just Perfect!

when we were all finished, we went out to the waiting room and waited for them to print us a picture of our beautiful baby! The first picture we ever had of her and even then, she was perfect! The picture was of her whole profile. It had a leg, an arm, her little torso and her tiny head! It actually looked like a baby! I see some ultrasounds that look like little beans, but she actually looked like a baby!



When we got home, the first thing i did was put the picture in a cream colored picture frame that had a blue ribbon wrapped all the way around it with a bow on top(blue can be a unisex color too!) and that said 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star' on it(also in blue!...the frame was on sale! geeze!). Then I hung it on the wall. There was no doubt in my mind that this baby was going to be coming home with us at the end of my pregnancy...And sure enough, she did! All 8 lbs 4.5 oz and 20 3/4 inches of her!

The framed picture now sits on a shelf above our bed. I doubt we will ever not have it on display. There was and still is so much joy in that picture! So many happy memories and even a wish come true!

Until Next Time!

~Blahgallaboutit~

No comments:

Post a Comment